24 May 2023
This technical segment discusses creating a Python script to scan a network for default credentials and send notifications through a Slack bot. The initial release is here: https://github.com/SecurityWeekly/netslackbot
- A Python script was created to scan a network for default credentials and send notifications through a Slack bot.
- The Slack bot required an app-level token with specific permissions to send messages to private channels.
- The first function created was called “post message to Slack” and sent a post request to the Slack API endpoint chat.post message.
- The code should be extended and modified to fit individual needs, but care should be taken to store Slack tokens securely.
- The original code was found on GitHub, but the account has been archived. The code is MIT licensed and can be extended by others.