24 May 2023
This technical segment covers working with Nmap Vulners and Flan Scan for vulnerability scanning. You can download the instructions for this technical segment here.
- The Flan Scan docker container with Nmap and Vulners is available for quick and easy conversion of XML to HTML output.
- Using Linux capabilities, including net raw, grants non-root users the abilities of root users for Nmap.
- A new container was created to run the latest version of Nmap without relying on various Linux distributions.
- While Flan Scan has not been updated often, it is still a useful tool with the potential for CSV exporting.
- False positives can occur when using Vulners, but a solution is covered in an upcoming webinar.