24 May 2023
This segment discusses Part 2 of the network scanning slackbot, which uses the Python Nmap library to scan a specified network and match manufacturer names, default usernames and passwords, and SSH and HTTP credentials.
- The network scanning function is the key component of the slackbot that uses a tomo file format to store all user-defined credentials and vendor names to test against.
- Command-line arguments have been added to allow users to specify the targeted subnet, the location of the configuration file, and the ports to scan.
- Telnet support has been added, but users need to define the username, password, success and failure strings.
- Default credentials are available to try if the manufacturer name is not found.
- The code still needs to be streamlined, and add additional functions and comments.